The manor house, popularly known as Burg, was built according to a local chronicle in 1631 by a son of Žigmund Balaš – Šimon together with his wife Magdaléna Gieczy. It was built in the middle of a beautiful garden in the Renaissance style as storey square building. Two round corner towers and Renaissance rectangular windows with stone cornices were placed on the frontage. The origin of the manor house is proved by accurate data and by old Latin inscriptions which are clearly visible above the entrance and inside the manor house. Large hall with barrel vault passed the ground floor as well as the floor and other spaces are accessible through Renaissance portals. Halls which were used for presentations used to include paintings. At the end of the 17th century, the manor house courtyard included also parish office and school. Later in the 18th century, a terraced stairway was added to the park. World War II left the manor house considerably damaged, which was later amplified particularly by adaptation of the object for the purposes of civil defence. The current private owner tried to restore the manor house and bring back its noble appearance.
Where to find us