St. Ondrej church
Roman-catholic church made in a late-Baroque style is a pride of Papradno village. The church was built in 1792 during a feudal rule of earl M. Esterházy. It is a one-nave church dedicated to apostle St. Ondrej. The main wooden altar includes a statue of patron St. Ondrej in its middle part with a cross and a winning palm tree, the sides include statues of St. Joseph and St. Francis of Assisi, the top includes a statue of Virgin Mary with baby Jesus. At the right side, we can see a renewed painting of St. Ondrej painted on the wood from the old church. The presbytery also includes a late-Baroque stone baptismal font. The ancient pulpit includes a wooden plastic of St. Ondrej from the old wooden church and a statue of St. Vendelín. Current paintings in the church interior represent the work of painter Jozef Škorvánka from 1928. A set of six tone-harmonized bells is placed in the tower – the smallest bell comes from 1711 from the old wooden church. The church also includes a tower clock which even today shows and strikes the accurate time. The church is for over half a century a proud home of a beautiful organ, one of the biggest in Slovakia, built by Rieger Kloss company from Krnov with its original layout consisting of 38 registers. It was later extended to current 52 full registers plus 3 extensions and 3 apparats. The organ is a three-manual with pneumatic tracker action and it has 5069 vocal pipes.
Where to find us